Exposing The FijiFirst Government

They say that all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to stand back and do nothing.

I promised my readers that over the next few weeks I will expose the inner workings of the FijiFirst Government and further my personal vendetta against the AG who refused to acknowledge my high value to the government.

This particular incident is hard to talk about but my readers must know the truth.

When I joined Frank Bainimarama in 2012 I was filled with the hope of a better future and an environment where my superior skills would be acknowledged and fully utilized. Unfortunately, the AG had other ideas.

Fast forward to 2018. It was a Friday in July, a night I remember as if it was yesterday, that I received a call from a prominent Fijian figure.

It was none other than Ashwin Raj, the Director for Human Rights. He told me that he was concerned about the upcoming election, especially with him being a public figure of much hate and despised primarily among the iTaukei. He said he wanted to discuss an exit strategy with me and needed expert advice.

He, like many others, was worried that the FijiFirst party would lose due to the effects of incumbency and other factors, and that he would be in trouble if SODELPA were to take over.

Violations of rights of detained and arrested persons also surface – FBC  News

I went over to Director Raj's home in Samabula, it was raining profusely at about 8pm as I walked in. I was immediately greeted at the door and handed a glass of wine, Pacific Peak Merlot, and we sat down and began discussions. Topics meandered between how the Elections campaign was going, what the mood was on the ground and his impending exit and my management of the resulting PR debacle that would supposedly follow.

Human rights is a touchy subject in Fiji and many documented cases of abuse have rocked Frank Bainimarama and Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum's rule while Ashwin Raj bore the brunt of many of these attacks. Ashwin Raj admitted to me that things on the ground were not looking good for him and that he needed help.


As the night wore on I was beginning the feel the effects of the wine, strange I thought to myself at that moment, as I had drunk only 7 glasses, a meagre amount for a veteran connoisseur like me. By this point, the Director was sitting next to me on his brown leather couch and kept putting his hand on my thigh as he discussed the Government.

I thought it was odd that he kept refilling my wine and insisting I drink quicker, and the constant contact did make me a little uncomfortable but I did not want to seem homophobic so I did nothing to stop it.

That is the last I remember of that night, the rest of my memories are a hazy cocktail of sights and sounds. I woke up the next morning with a strange throbbing pain in my head and pain in places where no man should have the indignant experience of feeling pain after a night of drinking.

Many may find this humorous but this is no joke, today I will expose the inner workings of Government that have never been exposed before. How an innocent man's plea for justice has gone unheard. While I do not remember what happened to me that fateful night, I will never forget the pain I felt waking up. This was the moment my life changed forever, and I set out to right the wrong that I suspect had been committed.

Riyaz Sayed-Khaiyum and his FBC were nowhere to be seen and did not use their considerable platform to help me find justice against this vile sodomic act. He like his brother the AG must pay for allowing such a thing to happen to me.

I tried in vain to get justice but time and time again I was turned away by the AG.

Many close to me suggested I go through the appropriate channel which was the Fiji Police Force, but as a close and valuable member of the Government, I felt I deserved immediate action.

During this ordeal, I realised the true tyranny that affected Fiji and I knew that I had to expose the Sayed-Khaiyum brothers. They asked me, Graham Davis, for evidence of being sexually assaulted, putting into question my credibility and claiming I was a liar. I have been an award-winning journalist for decades and not once has my credibility been questioned.

Ministers, officials and staff of various Government offices only told me one thing -- to report the matter to the authorities so that an investigation can take place. This is not how you treat a loyal son of the government who has given so much in the last decade. I rue ever accepting Director Raj's invitation.

AG has ruined Fiji and I will get my revenge.


Comments

  1. In 1999 our Leader of Opposition raised a point in the House about Hon Vayeshnoi spending the night with a guy at the Nasese Seawall. It was the hot topic of that day.
    Later on , in 2018 I guess rumours were circulating that Hon Vayeshnoi's " other partner" was a man & none other than Fiji's unpopular Director of Human Rights, Mr Ashwin Raj !.
    Am glad this story by Mr Davis had just confirmed my inquisitiveness on the rumours as well as clarifying Mr Raj's sexual orientation!.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#Victimization of Expats by FijiFirst

ASHWIN RAJ DENIES ALLEGATIONS, PUBLIC STILL SKEPTICAL